Search This Blog

Friday, November 12, 2010

Marry a woman who makes a good Meatloaf!


My brother n law was talking to my husband one day while they were discussing our engagement. He asked my hubby "well can she cook?" and he answered "Well I dont know how much she knows how to cook but I know she makes a really good meatloaf!" My brother n law then said "Marry her! You want to marry a woman that can make a great meatloaf!" LOL!!!! My meatloaf has become one of my hubbys favorite meals and one that has converted those who say they dont like meatloaf to all of a sudden loving it. And so I want to share it with you guys!


Meatloaf

3 lbs of ground beef (if you are using lean add a tbsp of olive oil)
1/2 cup of Italian style bread crumbs
1/3 cup evaporated milk
3 eggs (room temp)
3 tsp of oregano
3 packets of chicken boullion (powder) or 4tbsp if in a jar
2 tbsp of garlic salt
2 tbsp black pepper
1 15 oz can of tomato sauce divided
2 cups of ketchup divided
2 cups of dorothy lynch homestyle dressing

Preheat your oven to 375 degrees. Combine beef, bread crumbs, milk, eggs, oregano, chicken boullion,garlic salt and pepper. Mix well. Then add 1/4 cup of tomato sauce, 1/2 cup of ketchup and 1/2 cup of dressing into meat. Mix well. Shape into a loaf and put into a rectangular baker or loaf pan. (I prefer rectangular baker just because it gives me more room to pour my sauce)

In a seperate bowl mix the rest of tomato sauce, ketchup and dressing. Pour ontop of meatloaf and cover with aluminum foil and put in oven. Bake for an 1 hour then uncover and bake for another 30 minutes or until done. Add some mashed potatoes and corn and it is delish! ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment